Following the announcement that much of Scotland will be moving into Tier 3 or 4 during December and into 2021, the Scottish Government has announced new funding totalling £104.3m. This is in response to the Scottish Tourism Recovery Taskforce (STERG) recommendations, and looks set to be managed by VisitScotland.
Limited details were available when first announced in December, although it's expected more information was announced on 11th January 2021 (see below). Initially we were told that areas set to benefit include:
- £19.2m to provide one-off grants for hospitality businesses.
- £50.8m for businesses with a rateable value of more than £51,000 that have not received support from the Pivotal Enterprise Resilience Fund or Hotel Support Programme and some additional support to smaller businesses impacted by restrictions.
- £11.8m for international inbound, coach tourism and domestic tour operators.
- £7m for self-catering.
- £5m for visitor attractions.
- £2.5m for outdoor tourism.
- £2.3m for hostels.
- £2m for ski centres.
- £1.5m for travelling show people ineligible for other support.
- £1.2m for destination management organisations.
- £1m for B&Bs and guest houses excluded from the latest Non Domestic Rates scheme.
11th January: Top-Up Grant for Hospitality, Retail & Leisure businesses in Scotland:
On 11th January 2021 the Scottish Government announced additional grant support for hospitality, retail and leisure businesses across Scotland closed by level 4 restrictions. These grants will be in addition to the Strategic Business Framework Fund, and will result in eligible businesses also receiving a one off grant of:
- £25,000 for larger hospitality businesses on top of the 4-weekly £3,000
- £6,000 for smaller hospitality businesses on top of the 4-weekly £2,000
- £9,000 for larger retail and leisure businesses on top of the 4-weekly £3,000
- £6,000 for smaller retail and leisure businesses on top of the 4-weekly £2,000
How do I get this?
- The Government have announced that "in most cases" those businesses who have already applied, and been found eligible, for the 4-weekly payments from the Strategic Framework Business Fund will get an automatic top-up. In terms of timing, again the Government state that "for the majority" this additional top-up payment will be received in addition to the next such payment due on 25th January.
- If you have NOT YET applied for the Strategic Framework Business Fund, to recieve this additional grant you should submit an application as soon as possible via your local authority website. Applications are now open and the deadline for submission is Friday 5th February 2021, so we would advise submitting an application as soon as possible.
Of course, if you need assistance in writing or submitting an application, existing clients can contact any of their relationship managers who will be happy to help, or new clients can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help.
We will aim to update this blog as soon as further information is available.
Please note, this funding is seperate to the recently announced Events Sector funding, which you can read about in our separate blog by clicking here.