Administering your payroll can be time consuming and burdensome, diverting energy and resources from the core activities of your business. And the task is made all the more difficult by the growing complexity of taxation and employment legislation and the accompanying regime of penalties for non-compliance. It is crucial that, as an employer, your staff are paid on time and under the correct tax code. We have a dedicated team that can assist with providing a comprehensive and confidential payroll service.
Our Payroll Services
Our dedicated payroll team deal with all sizes of companies across a variety of sectors – dealing with different frequencies, every component/deduction you could imagine and have experience dealing with just about every pension provider out there! It’s all about service and deadlines and the team are both confident and comfortable with that – we provide a timeline to ensure smooth transfer of information. We can create a report for you that would allow us to import directly from you and we would provide you with all the reports you require at your end and we could, if required, make payment to your employees via our BACS bureau. We can make payment to HMRC and manage the relationships on their behalf. Our software accepts direct downloads from HMRC and we would distribute payslips and P60’s via e-payslip.com.
Our full payroll service will include (but can be tailored to suit):
- registering for PAYE if required
- customised payslips
- all reporting to you, including P32, summary gross to net, copy payslips and a journal entry for uplift to your accountancy software
- reporting to your staff by means of a secure e-payslip (e-p60s)
- all necessary reporting to HMRC
- adminstration of auto-enrolment scheme, including uplift to pension provider
- any reporting to other 3rd parties
- payment to staff via BACS
- apprenticeship levy
- employers employment allowance
Payroll Health Check
One of the most important areas for any business is that of the processing and paying of salaries and for submitting the required paperwork to HMRC. Payroll is not just the push of a button that it was once perceived to be and in many cases wages and salaries can be the biggest expense for many companies. It is made all the more complicated by the countless number of components and deductions and ensuring the correct treatment is applied. It is, therefore, no real surprise that companies end up paying fines for incorrect treatment or for not complying with legislation.
If you do your own payroll in house and you would like a health check to ensure that you are applying the correct processes, then we would be happy to assist you with this.
You can engage us to perform a one-off payroll health-check on your payroll records. For this health check, we would provide a dedicated payroll specialist to examine the records in question, concentrating on areas that we consider to be a likely area for errors to occur. This will include, but will not be limited to:
- sample check and review of payroll records
- sample testing for PAYE errors
- comparison of PAYE returns against annual accounts
- sample checking of starters and leavers to ensure accurate processing
- checking the correct treatment of statutory maternity (paternity/adoption) pay, student loans, etc
- review year end submissions
- review of expenses and benefits in kind assessments
- ensure correct calculation and submission of the apprenticeship levy
- ensure employers employment allowance has been claimed if applicable.
When you engage our service, we will request information and required documents to perform the check. We will review the payroll records submitted to us and highlight any discrepancies, as well as make relevant recommendations to ensure compliance going forward.
Even if you have only a few employees, you will make savings by engaging us to administer your payroll. If you would like to find out more about our payroll services please contact our Head of Payroll, Linda Kelly, on 01786 451745 or by email to email@example.com.
Download our handy Payroll Services summary below: