Company Secretarial Services
New legislative changes were introduced in August 2016 which made proper compliance with Company Secretarial obligations even more important. We have summarised below a few of the more important changes that were introduced:
- The Annual Return has been replaced by a Confirmation Statement.
- The time to file a Confirmation Statement has been reduced from 28 to only 14 days and not making the return makes the directors liable to prosecution
- The Confirmation Statement introduces the requirement for a Register Of Persons With Significant Control (PSC). The PSC is intended to identify the people who have beneficial control of the company. Failure to properly complete the PSC carries a criminal penalty of an unlimited fine and/or up to two years in prison.
As you can see, failure to comply with the Company Secretarial responsibilities is treated very seriously and will lead to financial penalties, prosecution, disqualification of directors and the company being struck off the register. It is therefore incredibly important that directors comply with their obligations.
The French Duncan Company Secretarial team can help remove these challenges by offering professional support. This gives busy directors the opportunity to focus on running their business.
Services are tailored to meet your requirements. We offer a fixed fee annual compliance service for extra peace-of-mind.
How we can help
Our annual fixed fee service includes:
- Setting up and maintaining statutory registers, including the People with Significant Control register;
- Register the appointment and resignation of directors and secretaries;
- Change officer addresses at Companies House;
- Provide reminders about compliance deadlines, to avoid penalties and possible strike off by Companies House;
- Prepare and file the Annual Return/Confirmation Statement;
- Change accounting reference dates;
- Change registered address;
- Act as registered office (optional);
- Register for Protected Online Filing; and
- Provide telephone support and advice regarding company secretarial matters.
If you need some further assistance beyond our typical annual package, we can tailor our services to suit your organisation. The following are priced separately and include:
- Incorporations (on a same day basis if required);
- Act as a Single Alternative Inspection Location (SAIL) address;
- Change of name or name swap;
- Share issue and transfer documentation;
- Reconstitute statutory books in electronic format;
- Ensure compliance with Small Business, Enterprise and Employment (SBEE) Act 2015, including the persons of Significant Control Register.
For further information on our Company Secretarial Services, please contact Ann Mackay on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0141 221 2984
Download our Company Secretarial Services information sheet here.